News about The Bag Bill
Posted on April 27, 2016
- New York Daily News Editorial:"A nickel for your boughts: a 5¢ fee on bags is worth a try"
- Crain's New York Business: "Council speaker backs plastic-bag fee"
- Crain's New York Business Editorial:"On plastic bags, nudge New Yorkers to do the right thing"
- The New Yorker: "The Bag Bill"
- Crain's New York Business: Op-Ed from Christine Sahadi Whelan "Why family-owned Sahadi's supports a 5-cent charge on plastic bags"
- El Diaro: Op-Ed from Council Member Antonio Reynoso, "La propuesta de ley sobre bolsas"
- New York Daily News: "Proposed NYC plastic bag fee spawns rallies at City Hall
- Politico New York: "City Council closes in on a plastic bag fee proposal"
- New York Times Editorial: "Ten Cents a Bag? That’s About Right"
- New York Daily News Op-Ed from Council Members Richards, Chin, and Lander: "To reduce plastic waste, pay 10 cents a bag"
- We also fact-checked a highly untruthful and misleading editorial from the New York Post (our responses in yellow highlights).